We need answers

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
❄Rei-II❄
posted: 1170 days ago
we need answers! If there is no solution to the blingee problem at least I want to know when the site closes :(. we need an official notice from the blingee team
(Sorry for my broken English)
AnimeLover6
I am assuming that they will not abolish the site for now and I don't think that they will give the answer.
❄Rei-II❄
well i hope that is the case. i don't want to return and found out that the site is closed for good :(
AnimeLover6
I can understand that it is very bad for you wtih the Side, when it's gone. Nevertheless, I think it's a real shame that they can no longer hold Blingee, although they can always find a Solution. i find this very Sad. I would have liked to continue on Blingee with Blingees, Stamps, Competitions, wrote to Friends here, etc. But, unfortunately we can't change it here. v.v :/
Teodoruka
We need answers. And I bet we won't get them.
Danny_ynnaD
posted: 1169 days ago
an official statement would be nice. they definitly should take notes from piccmixx how to make a good working payed model. i love blingee but leaving a page like this without any official stament is kinda weird. if u proud of something u created u wouldnt just leave a community like this without furter note behind.
AnimeLover6
Exactly, I always thought that you shouldn't just leave it that way when, something is important.
Teodoruka
I wonder if Blingee is closing for good. Meaning, we won't be able to log in anymore. (If that's the case, then I don't see the point in changing the trademark at the bottom, to 2006-2021 when the site is actually closing) Or it's just "closing" cause is dead. As in we cannot create anything because Flash is gone.
We haven't got any official statements that it's permanently closing. Nobody gave us a specific date. The Blingee team hasn't said anything. Also, I'm seeing that Blingees are keep being added in this group, meaning, a mod keeps getting online.
So I believe it's closing, as in the community is dead due to not having Flash, but the site will remain open.
Next week is a whole month since Flash closed. And Blingee is still open.
AnimeLover6
Maybe they are looking for a solution for the side even if the mod said the Blingee-Team has not found anything and the Blingee is closed because of Flash ... not because of the page. you are right Teo because of the change with 2006-2021 that was actually not worth it. strange situation! o.o
AnimeLover6
It can also be that the Blingee Page is set and they pause until they find something. No idea.. so i think it.
Teodoruka
I was thinking the same, Krissy. I was thinking if they are not working on something since they don't give us any updates. But you know... This waiting is killing. Especially that we have been announced by Guardian that the site is closing. We can expect literally everything at this point.
KoolKidz112
i agree with Teodoruka, maybe it's not being given an official statement because everyone knows flash is being killed off, and the site is not shutting down by any means, it'll just die due to it not being able to persist with just flash
Teodoruka
If this really is the case, then... I'm so sorry I'm saying this. But the team is horrible.
Letting their customers watching the site they love slowly dying... It's pure torture. (I'm still trying to hope that it's not true, but this could be an option)
I've always loved the team, the mods (Guardian helped me in so many cases, I will never forget that time I was bullied by a person, she helped me closing their account), I was always thankful, but this... This is just.... 
Kiwi120
The communication between the Blingee Team and us has been horrible for years. It only gets more noticeable when there are real problems that we as users can't solve ourselves. We always have to wait weeks or even months for a reply in the forum. I wrote an Email last year in October in regards to the Flash Problem and I never got an answer back. Might be hard for some users to read but I would never consider paying a monthly fee right now only to be let down again and again by the people running this site when there is a real issue.

I don't even think that Blingee will literally close, but it will eventually just "die" and be like an abandoned town. My account is 12 years old and I basically spent half of my life creating Blingees and connecting with other people here. Seeing this site being neglected like this is painful but not surprising.

Sorry for all the negativity, I just felt to get that out. >.<

LeafAprilGreen
As much as I hate to say it I wonder if this would still be the outcome with or without Flash. 

Over the past decade it seems Blingee has gotten increasingly more quiet at least from active users as many have left long ago. 

I was looking at Blingees I entered in competitions in my old account and there were thousands of entries for the categories opposed to the couple of hundred we see now. I think as the internet evolved maybe Blingee had lost quite a bit of popularity. 

I'm also inclined to think that it maybe hasn't received much update besides the removal of some competitions and blacklisting some words in the search bar. After all I remember when the concept of Postcards was first introduced and they still say "new" until this very day.

I will always be thankful for Blingee as this has been arguably the best website I have found on the internet in terms of content and community and I am dreading the day it goes. I know most friends I had on here left years ago along with so many other users. Many users also fought to keep the site open a few years ago too when Blingee was faced with closure. 

I just wish there would be an official statement because as many have said above they did change the website to "2006-2021". 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

In the Spotlight

Happy New Year 2023

created by: beba_zo

Put your Blingee here!