Blingee is slowly dying

1 | 2 |
Teodoruka
publicado: hace 1453 días
I'm not gonna lie, i really think that Blingee is slowly dying.
First, the Search Canvas. Now, the banned words.
What is going on with this site?
None of the moderators are online anymore. I haven't seen them commenting at one of the forum posts since probably last year.
I remember a moderator said that the Search Canvas case is "currently investigating" and after that, they didn't gave us any details, only the "Blingee doesn't own the Search Canvas site" and that was all.
Now, the banned words. From what i understood from lumi-anime-girl's post, some non-offensive words were banned. And i can confirm it, since yesterday i was searching for a character from Fairy Tail, and the word "fairy" is banned.
What the heck is going on?! Is this a way of the admins to tell us to leave this site since they don't care about it no more?
As far as we know, Blingee works with Adobe Flash. And we also know that Flash is going to close by the end of 2020. So, my question is...Will Blingee close by the end of 2020?
I've seen a moderator mentioning "Blingee will find a way to work without the Flash" but from what we can see, this site is slowly dying. I cannot say that they'll do something about the flash, since they didn't do anything about the Search Canvas. Again, that excuse with "they don't own it" and that is going to be all.
I still have a hope, that Blingee is not going to close. Because i love this site. I'm one of those members who have been obssessed with it ever since i started, back in 2016.
mariefrancoisebastien
publicado: hace 1453 días
bonjour moi aussi j'adore ce site c'est serai dommage que le site ferme il sont trouver une solution pour nous je serai content pour ce site il contient encore de plus belle pour moi bonne journée 
Deleted_avatar
publicado: hace 1450 días
With regards to SearchCanvas, I can kind of understand them abandoning it since it always gave people a lot of issues, and if it isn’t owned by them they can’t do much about it. But the problem is now there’s no way to earn credits unless we pay for them. I think it would be interesting to see new ways to earn credits, maybe a daily login bonus or we earn credits by adding to the community (uploading stamps, making groups etc. ) 

The Adobe Flash thing is really concerning because we all know Blingee maker runs off Flash which will end in Dec 2020. Supposedly it will still work after that, but they’ve given us no explanation how and no mods have told us of any changes. So when will they replace Blingee maker with something other than Flash? And considering the lack of response from anyone and lack of changes, it’s hard not to worry about this. 

The thing that is bothering me the most right now is the growing list of banned words. I wanted to give Blingee the benefit of the doubt and assume this was to try and reduce inappropriate content (since some of the words make sense) but the list just keeps growing and there are now words on there that are not even offensive. What is wrong with fairies? Or demons and devils? What if we want to make a blingee of a movie like Suicide Squad?
Deleted_avatar
This is also frustrating because no one is answering our concerns, and nothing has been done about the voting system (when everyone complains about how much they hate downvoting). But there are some changes being made for the worse, because more words are being added. I searched for Highschool of the Dead (an anime series) a while ago and it was fine, but now ‘dead’ is also banned. Fairy and fairies was fine at the time but now they’ve been added. And today the word ‘girls’ seems to have been added. So they’re banning more words, yet are refusing to explain why? 

This is also the wrong way to go about things. These words can still be typed in forums and comments, it’s just making it harder for us to search for stamps. Blingee is supposed to be about artistic freedom. Yet if you want to make a blingee of fairies, or gothic art of a demon, or of a show like Highschool of the Dead etc. then good luck with that. 

I’m also personally insulted by some of the words that have been banned, because ‘gay’, ‘lesbian, ‘bisexual’, and ‘queer’ have all been banned. I’m bisexual myself and am not ashamed to admit that. And I have gay, lesbian and queer friends...so what the heck Blingee? 
Deleted_avatar
For those interested, I've been testing various words and here are the ones that are banned so far. I'll update this as things change: 

Abuse
Allah
Bi
Bisexual
Blue
Bondage
Boobies
Boobs
Dead
Demon
Devil
Die
Disease
Fairies
Fairy
Gangsta
Gay
Girls
Gun
Jew
Kid
Kill
Killed
Killer
Killing
Knife
Lesbian
Lolita
Marijuana
Murder
Muslim
Poop
Queer
Radical
Satan
Servant
Sex
Sexual
Sexy
Suicide
Terror
Terrorist
Torture
Violence
Weapon
LeafAprilGreen
I’ve only just came back on as I’ve been off and on this website since about 2008? The sheer difference between now and then is astounding, the website was so active and booming however now things have definitely slowed down and seems the upkeep of the website is all down. I never knew about the banned words but this just seems to be going too far. I can only hope that Blingee doesn’t go down with Flash.
Teodoruka
publicado: hace 1449 días
I just remembered about the Search Canvas case because we have been lied. I can understand that they don't own it. But they didn't do anything to compensate with it. Yes, if they cared about us, they should had made a new site where you can get free credits. Just imagine what people who payed for credits, think about this site now, since none of the mods are interesed anymore. It's like throwing their money on the window.
About the banned words, i don't know what to think anymore, honestly. The word "girls" too? Well, this is a sign that this site is dying. And now i can expect Blingee shutting down because of the Adobe Flash.
LeafAprilGreen
They should introduce a login bonus or daily challenge or something for credits. Even if it’s only like 2 credits a day? Not everyone can pay for them or are willing to pay for them when we had the chance to earn a couple a day for using Search Canvas. I remember how well received Blingee Plus and Search Canvas were when they were first introduced to us and I still don’t like how we can no longer use Search Canvas.
Teodoruka
Yes, same. 
LeafAprilGreen
I only wish there was more love and moderation put into this website as it really is one of a kind, I don’t want to see it fall into obscurity or die off, after fighting so hard to keep it open when it was going to shut a few years ago. 
shwetashweta
publicado: hace 1448 días
Yes, it's true that now nobody cares about this website.
Hope the owners may find alternative of adobe flash player, otherwise blingee would become merely a dead letter...
Deleted_avatar
publicado: hace 1447 días
The word "bi" has been added as well now...Really awful and distressing to see my identity be considered a bad word when I've been a loyal blingee member for years... 
Teodoruka
publicado: hace 1446 días
And also, has anyone noticed that the competitions are ending pretty late?
Like, in my country, at first, it was like nine in the morning when they ended. (long ago, when i first joined Blingee)
And now, here it's almost 16:00 (4pm) and they are gonna end in a few minutes.
What is going on?!
idkpiza
publicado: hace 1443 días
if blingee ends up destroyed after flash is removed ill b so sad :c every1 here is so nice...
LeafAprilGreen
publicado: hace 1443 días
Yeah blingee is such a nice community I wouldn't want to see it go. It's sad to see it get less and less attention over the years.
1 | 2 |

En primer plano

schrebercat 26.01.2023

creado por: loveblink...

¡Pon tu Blingee aquí!