How to Get Rid of Search Canvas and Keep Blingee 2.0

mystique1155
publicado: hace 3242 días
Okay, sorry I didn't troubleshoot this at an earlier date but I never had a problem with Search Canvas because I use Chrome and Google to search stuff, but a friend of mine did have a problem with it so I promised her I'd come up with a solution. I also decided to share it with anyone who may be concerned. 

So here is how to fix the issue:

1. Click the square with the 3 bars under the X up in the right hand corner.

2. Click Add-Ons 

3. Click Extensions listed on the left hand side then click Blingee Toolbar and then the remove button. Where the Blingee Toolbar was before you'll see an option to restart the browser, just click that.

4. Then close Firefox and reopen the browser for safe measure (probably not necessary but I always restart, it's a win 3.1 and win95/98 etc trick hehe, OLD SCHOOL). 

5. Next click the 3 bars again, go to  Options. 

6. Under the general tab click Restore to Default button. This will reset your homepage to Mozilla's web page. You can change it after completing these steps to whatever homepage you desire, again it is just for safe measure to restore to default settings.

7. Then click the Search tab and click the down arrow next to Search Canvas and select Google or whatever search engine you prefer. Then click OK (OK is okay for anyone who has to translate this). You should be good to go at this point, and yes, I know I am being redundant but I always .....

8. Close the browser and reopen just for safe measure! :)

You'll still have blingee 2.0 without the toolbar OR Search Canvas :). 

*WARNING* If you receive a message at a later date to install blingee 2.0 DO NOT reinstall. It's a fluke and will put the toolbar and Search Canvas back on your computer. Just proceed as usual, you will still have 2.0. I get that message all the time and ignore it.
mitzi26
publicado: hace 3241 días
Worked like a charm! 

·˙˙·٠•●★Thanks Kelly!! xoxo
guardian06
mystique1155 (Kelly),

Thank you SO much for posting this topic.  And thank you for putting in the time to find a solution.  Now I can just refer people to this post ;-)
mystique1155
You are both more than welcome. Sorry I did not do this earlier, it could have avoided a lot of complications when 'the brown hit the crown'. :P Yes, that means exactly what you think! My poetic and CLEAN side kicked in :D. Glad to be of service. Lots of love and have a fantastic day!
mystique1155
Ack! Hehehe. This worked for all of 6 hours, I got the error that said I had to upgrade. I ignored it and could not use 2.0 until upgrading to Blingee Plus. Everything is back to the way it was. Give me a little more time to investigate lol. 
angelll2
if you are just trying to change your search engine,I do not know how to do that in mozilla Firefox.But in internet explorer,i change mine after downing Blingee And there search canvas. Open up internet explorer,click on tools,click on internet options,General,you see home page. type in the box,the search engine you want to  be default,click apply and ok.close internet explorer and when you open it back up, you will see your search engine you type in the box as your search engine..you can also open internet explorer, go to tools,Internet options.programs, click on,manage add ons,click on search providers,click the search engine you want on the right,check the little box to the left at bottom,and to the right at bottom click set as default.if there not a search engine in the list after you get there,then you do not have it downloaded on your pc.hope this helps a little.good luck.
Wendy_75007
publicado: hace 3146 días
Well never had any problem with search canvas .
But thanks for the ones who had ...
myates7
publicado: hace 3146 días
If converting the code is the issue with Blingee, I would be willing to learn it (with the help of my computer wiz brother who worked for both yahoo and google) and do the work for free to keep Blingee running. Even if it takes a year of work. I'm physically disabled and not doing anything better with my time.  Maybe with some volunteers to keep it running we could save it.
Blackcat41
publicado: hace 3145 días
While I am not well-versed in computer code, I can learn anything, and quickly! I, too, have physical disabilities (and therefore time), and would be willing to help in any way I could! I simply can't bear the thought of being Blingeeless!

En primer plano

* die hungrigen Wölfe *

creado por: loveblink...

¡Pon tu Blingee aquí!